Our Ronald McDonald House is a place of comfort specifically for pediatric children (ages 0-21) and their families who need to stay close while their child receives treatment. Therefore, the hospital where your child is being treated must refer you.
- Contact your child’s assigned hospital case worker/ social worker for a referral. The social worker will ask you some questions to make sure it is a good fit for you.
If you have any problems finding the right person at the hospital to refer you, please contact our staff who will offer assistance. If you have stayed at our House in the past year, you may call the House directly with your room request.
- The hospital social worker will refer you and House staff will then reach out and confirm your plans and discuss availability.
While we will do our best to accommodate you, we cannot always guarantee a room. If a room is available, House staff will confirm your reservation and make arrangements for your arrival. If not, House staff will add you to the wait list and contact you as soon as a room becomes available. Unfortunately, we are unable to confirm all future room requests because every family’s length of stay is different, and therefore our occupancy availability varies.
Once checked-in, you may stay as long as your child is active in treatment. We understand that waiting for a room only adds stress to an already stressful experience. Please know that we do our best to accommodate you as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we will provide you a list of alternative lodging options.
Other important information about our House:
- Our House is clean, comfortable, and accommodating. Each family receives a private bedroom, and has access to a variety of common home-like living spaces.
- Our House is intended for families who cannot get home to rest, so we accept referrals for families who live a minimum of 30 miles outside of Las Vegas.
- Families are asked to check in during daytime office hours (9 a.m. to 9 p.m.), but accommodations can be made as needed.
- Once registered, you and your family may come and go as needed.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be chaperoned by their legal guardian at all times. This includes parents under the age of 18.
- The number of family members who can stay in the House depends on the room sizes available. Most rooms accommodate 6 people.
- We suggest a nightly donation of $10, but no family is turned away for their inability to contribute.
- For health and safety reasons, our House is a completely smoke free environment with designated smoking areas off the property.
- Families are asked to maintain the cleanliness of their room.
- Since you are sharing the common areas with other families, we ask families to be respectful and courteous of each other, minimizing behavior that may cause stress or discomfort to other families.