Runnin' for the House 2015
Runnin’ for the House 5K Run and 1 Mile Walk presented by McDonald’s of Greater Las Vegas raised more than $60,000 for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Las Vegas. The 11th year for the 5K Run brought together Ronald McDonald and Chet Buchanan from KLUC 98.5 FM to lead more than 950 runners and walkers through the morning festivities. Together, the local community made a difference for families through Runnin’ for the House on Saturday, April 18.
The HeArt of Giving Gala Raised nearly $300,000
Presented by McDonald's® of Greater Las Vegas and Lexus of Las Vegas
A New Theme, great entertainment, special guests and a very generous group of people made for an incrediable celebration at the Heart of Giving Gala on Sept. 7
- Click here to read more details.
- Click here to see the Event Program.
- Gala Honoree: Sunrise Children’s Hospital
- House Hero: Children’s Heart Center
Special Thanks to our Sponsors
Generous presenting sponsors: McDonald’s® of Greater Las Vegas and Lexus of Las Vegas
Platinum sponsor: The Private Bank by Nevada State Bank
Gold sponsors: CareMeridian, Children’s Heart Center, Lotus Broadcasting, NV Energy, Pediatrix Medical Group, Southwest Gas Corporation, Southwest Medical Associates, and Sunrise Children’s Hospital.
Thank you for being a part!
- View photos by Photographer Rick VierKandt with GRJV Studios.
- Press Release and Event Details.
- View the Invitation.
Interested in sponsor this or another event? Please call our Special Events Manager at 702.252.4663 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 Celebrating 15 Years | 1998-2013
In July 1998, Ronald McDonald House in Las Vegas opened its doors to the first families to stay at the House that Love Built. Today, the House has provided support for more than 3,500 families.
In celebration of the first dedicated group who worked to make the House possible and for all the work that continues as a result, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Las Vegas is celebrating through the summer with a focus on ways to give ...
From birthday parties to volunteer groups who are hosting movie nights for our families, we are set to build on a rich history of support.Upcoming 15th Anniversary activities in honor of the families we serve and the donors and volunteers who join with us to make it possible.
- July 1: Day of Change. Annual Day of coin collections at McDonald's
- July 2: Clark County Commission Proclamation
- July 8: Peter Pan Birthday Party celebrated 1-year-old Grace's birthday. Click to see photos!
- July 10: Las Vegas City Council Celebration
- July 18: Monthly Mixer at McFadden's Grand Opening
Other events included a Founder's Celebration, Movie Night for our families, a day at Golden Nugget's pool for our families, and more!
Thank you for 15 Strong Years!
Runnin' for the House 2013
Nearly 1100 laced up running shoes on Saturday, May 18th to run or walk for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Las Vegas for the 9th annual Runnin’ for the House 5K Run and 1 Mile Walk at the House, 2323 Potosi Street.
Ronald McDonald led the pre-race warm-ups at 6:45 am and started the race at 7 am with Chet Buchanan from 98.5 KLUC keeping the event running smoothly. Nellis Airforce Honor Guard presented Colors as Casey Moore sang our National Anthem. Presenting sponsor McDonald's was busy in the kitchen preparing a hot pancake breakfast for participants. Breakfast was sponsored by The Private Bank. Executive Director Alyson McCarthy, along with Mrs. Nevada led the runners all the way around the course in a Lexus.
Jesus “Half Animal” Villa, a professional acrobat, performer and five-time Guiness Book of World Records holder, performed on stilts keeping everyone entertained. The CenturyLink Children's Activity tent and Vendor Expo provided something for everyone. Top Gun Timing managed participant time and winners were announced. It was a festive event!
One of three MAJOR fundraising events, Runnin' for the House raised more than $37,000 this year.
Thank you for our sponsors and supporters who make it possible to provide a home away from home for families with seriously ill children.
Proceeds from Runnin’ for the House benefit RMHC of Greater Las Vegas, a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization that provides temporary housing for families who travel to Las Vegas to receive medical treatment for their children. RMHC of Greater Las Vegas also supports programs that directly benefit children and families in the Las Vegas area through grants, scholarships, and community outreach projects.
- Thursday, Oct. 17 Monthly Mixer at Poppy Dens, click here to see photos.
- Click here for the Press Release
- Saturday, Sept. 21 Project Dinner Table Served as Our Monthly Mixer at Dream Racing at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. www.projectdinnertable.com
- Thursday, Aug. 15 Monthly Mixer at the Las Vegas 51s Game
- Thursday, July 18 15th Anniversary Mixer at McFadden's Grand Opening
- Thursday, June 20 Monthly Mixer at the Meatball Spot
- Thursday, May 16 Monthly Mixer at Dom DeMarco's
- Thursday, April 18 Monthly Mixer at Grape Street Cafe
- Saturday, March 8 Wranglers Mixer
- Thursday, Feb. 21 Mixer was held at Sedona.
2013 Annual Food Drive